|Final - 4.26.2012||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||X||2||8||0|
|WP: Andrew Cashner (1 - 1)
SV: Huston Street (2)
LP: Tyler Clippard (1 - 2)
There was a point in this Padres game where it really felt like they were trying to win. I mean, you don't get to the 8th inning with 10 men left on base because you're not trying. Edinson Volquez, similarly had all kinds of stuff going on today. He only gave up three hits and the one bad mistake to Jayson Werth in the 7th. Unfortunately for Volquez, he was on the hook for the loss at that point, but thanks to some craft hitting by Orlando Hudson, Cameron Maybin and pinch hitter Mark Kotsay, the Padres were able to take the lead in the 8th and Huston Street locked it down in the 9th.
Things I learned:
- I really want Yonder Alonso of the last few games to be the Yonder Alonso of the season. Meaning Yonder "Double Machine" Alonso as opposed to Yonder "Hard Line Drive Outs" Alonso.
- On occasion, I can be a fan of the bunt, especially when done in a super athletic manner the way Cameron Maybin did in the 8th.
- Cashner to Street is the best thing ever when the Padres have a lead.
- It's possible to hire the San Diego Chicken to show up and kinda do just his hex move from the top of the dugout and nothing else even remotely interesting.
- There should be a temporary moratorium on lumping Orlando Hudson with Jason Bartlett as non-productive members of the team. If O-Dog keeps this up, he will be finding himself making runs at cycles.
Honestly... The day we ridicule a guy for hitting triples for the Padres is a day that we should realize that we're not actually rooting for the Padres. We should all acknowledge that we are happy with O-Dog's performance as of late, while still looking sideways at Jason Bartlett. I mean, we boo O-Dog for lack of hustle and non-productive bat and he goes on a hitting streak and that's a good thing.
Tonight's Game Thread was brought to you by the years 2009 and 2010 with Axion, Drama, TTG, Jodes and Sam all appearing in the top five. Well done middle-schoolers. Too bad you couldn't find Winfield's Ghost to join your little tea party.
Roll Call: Friar Fever, TheThinGwynn, Sam (sdsuaztec4), jodes0405, Dubsco, abara, SolanaFan, Drama, turbopan, Darklighter, Nater Tater, B Cres, scout1222, Axion, padreroach, field39, JollyWaffle, SheaWasBettor21, mrbarneydangles, Batswalla, Zach (maestro876), Dex, TheRevRun, staceyaugmon4HOF, BryanHarvey'sMoustache, Wonko, StrangeBroP25, Hormel, tonoxtono, The Kipper, ThisIsSanDiego, Aussie fan, Jsn L, isaic16, IputtheYinTony, sdchicken, padres4life
Total Users: 37 Total Posts: 669