"It's a rock... WAIT... no, my hand is open. It's paper. It's tied. It's a tie... I have paper." Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-US PRESSWIRE
Here's the current list. I fixed the dates I had missed and added in the Joe Wieland gets no run support #1 game right after the Chase Headley 2HR game and before the Jamie Moyer nightmare.
That game back on the 19th wasn't a bad game except that between Jamie Moyer and Vance Worley, it proves that the Padres can not handle junk. You know what that's a sign of? Young hitters. Young hitters make their mark by hitting the fastball. Old hitters make their mark by keeping up with the old pitchers who have learned to throw junk in the big leagues.
- April 21st, 2012 - Padres 5, Phillies 1 - Luebke lights 'em up and smokes 'em out
- April 8th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 4 - Win #1, Easter Sunday
- April 11th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 1 - Win #2, Denorfia bomb
- April 16th, 2012 - Padres 7, Rockies 1 - Win #3, 7 Doublefest
- April 13th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 9 - The Aaron Harang Nightmare
- April 18th, 2012 - Padres 4, Rockies 8 - Rubber Game #2 and/or Chase Headley 2HR
- April 19th, 2912 - Padres 0, Phillies 2 - Joe Wieland gets no run support #1
- April 17th, 2012 - Padres 3, Rockies 5 - The Jamie Moyer Nightmare
- April 12th, 2012 - Padres 1, Diamondbacks 3 - Rubber Game #1 and/or Ian Kennedy
- April 10th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 4 - Extra Innings #2
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 6 - Extra Innings #1
- April 14th, 2012 - Padres 1, Dodgers 6 - Joe Wieland's debut and/or Snorefest
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day
- April 15th, 2012 - Padres 4, Dodgers 5 - Dale Scott Triple Play
- April 20th, 2012 - Padres 1, Phillies 4 - F_CK CHARITY.
Discussing yesterday's game with jbox. He's arguing for best game of the season on the basis of how dominant the team was. I'm feeling second best, but I kinda get the argument for third best. After all, you never forget your first time and also Chase Headley Grand Slam.
However, best game of the season might not be unreasonable considering it locked up the first series of the season that we didn't lose.
I dunno... Let's hear arguments from Gaslamp Ballers before adding it to the list where it is set in stone and HTML forever. Where should this game rank?
Where should yesterday's game rank in the Padres Game Rankings 2012?
#1 - Absolutely dominant. Yonder Alonso learned his lesson and will never make two errors in one play again. (15 votes)
#2 - Joe Wieland > Anthony Bass. Offense from Everyone > Offense from dude only plays 2 out of 3 games (40 votes)
#3 - Chase Headley Grand Slam > Nick Hundley Bi-Cycle. (37 votes)
#4 - Dominating games are not as fun to watch as nail biters. (5 votes)
#5 - I don't care if all those doubles happened in Coor's field. I love doubles. (5 votes)
102 total votes