Look, the San Diego Padres own 30% of Petco, the city of San Diego owns 70%. It's time for us to find our own new owner. Here is a starting list,
1) Mark Cuban - Yes, over the top, but he has settled down a ton and then won.
2) Ron Burkle - Owns Pitt Penguins, tried to buy Sac Kings, is linked to Steve Garvey.
*) Peter O'malley & Stanley Gold - Great but long shot, family owned Dodgers for almost 50 years.
4) Rick Caruso & Joe Torre - Might be a great option.
5) Steve Greenberg & Arn Tellem - May have the experience needed.
6) Steve Garvey & Tony Gwynn - Linked in bring experience to potential buyers.
Cuban would be the best, he'll bring in the players, would have the passion for winning & the team and he would get people to fill the seats. As seen with his basketball team, he will supply and demand a quality product day in and day out. Insanity and passion run hand in hand and something this city needs.
If we show we want him, Cuban will come!