And this was our postgame interview. All blonde and Kemp and giggly and like, "We really pooped on them, didn't we?"
It took some deliberating and I finally decided that was the third worst game of the season, just beating out the Opening Day loss to the Dodgers and the shutout loss to the Dodgers on the second day of the Padres' season.
- The loss by 5 was the second largest loss of the year.
- The offense was inept.
- Joe Wieland struggled in the first couple of innings making it very tough to loss
- Other games were competitive. There wasn't even a hint of fight left in the Padres after the third inning of this one.
- Matt Kemp
The only reason this was better than the Opening Day loss in my mind was that the Opening Day loss happened on Opening Day and after Joe Wieland settled down, he showed a bit of the stuff that kinda hints that he'll be a strong performer for us in the future.
But still... Snorefest is third worst.
Full standings after the jump.
- April 8th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 4 - Win #1, Easter Sunday
- April 11th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 1 - Win #2, Denorfia bomb
- April 13th, 2012- Padres 8, Dodgers 9 - The Aaron Harang Nightmare
- April 12th, 2012 - Padres 1, Diamondbacks 3 - Rubber Game #1 and/or Ian Kennedy
- April 10th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 4 - Extra Innings #2
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 6 - Extra Innings #1
- April 14th, 2012 - Padres 1, Dodgers 6 - Joe Wieland's debut and/or Snorefest
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day