Bud Black Presser notes:
- On the game and Chase Headley: Some great comebacks. Good live fastball in the 9th and Chase got it. Great swing. Great result.
- On Cashner: Couldn't get the ball in the zone. Didn't see anything really different in his delivery. Kept looking to make pitches. Didn't happen for him.
- On Aaron Harang: Fastball crisper. Good slider. Good curveball. Looked like he was hitting the corners on both side of the plate. Command of the fastball was outstanding. Slider was sharp. Pitched very well.
- Strange game. Started off with two guys pitching really well and then the game got crazy. Gave the Dodgers a gift in the 9th.
- Cam's sore after getting hit by a Coffey pitch. Wasn't able to swing. Going to be evaluated.
- On Clayton Richard: Looked sharp. Velocity at the end was strong, which was a good sign. Would've liked to have the pitch back from Kemp obviously.
- The Dodgers knew they were in for a fight once the game got into later stages.
Thinking about it more, I guess I am leaning towards that being more entertaining. I finally went with the "How many times did I jump up and do a little dance" metric to decide where this one would rank. I did, in fact dance four separate times in this game, so that counts for something. And watching runs is good. This is almost a coin toss with the Ian Kennedy loss because I didn't expect to win that one and the Padres performed decently. This game, I fully expected to win, until everybody started striking out, and then I thought we were going to lose and then... you know the drill. So yes. That was entertaining.
- April 8th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 4 - Win #1, Easter Sunday
- April 11th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 1 - Win #2, Denorfia bomb
- April 13th, 2012- Padres 8, Dodgers 9 - The Aaron Harang Nightmare
- April 12th, 2012 - Padres 1, Diamondbacks 3 - Rubber Game #1 and/or Ian Kennedy
- April 10th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 4 - Extra Innings #2
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 6 - Extra Innings #1
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day