For whatever reason, all I could think about this morning was the prospects of the San Diego Padres. I was soooo compelled to do it because I was like, "What's more interesting than the fact that all of the San Diego Padres prospects worth talking about are currently playing with the club right now because of September call-ups?" How about OTHER prospects!?!
And then I said, "dromg... that's genius." Nobody would ever suspect prospect talk in SEPTEMBER! When the Padres have basically called up any prospects worth talking about. NOBODY!
Actually, if you haven't been paying attention like me, maybe you didn't realize that the Padres minor league system actually has been spending the year absolutely destroying the morale of fans of non-Padres minor league teams all season. Like crushing teams. Making other minor leaguers cry. Literally.
- Have you heard of Anthony Rizzo? Neither have I. Well apparently Rizzo was called up again. Who even knew that he was called up the first time? Not this blog. I guarantee you that.
- San Antonio Missions absolute decimate the Corpus Christi Hooks - According to this article, the Missions went in there and basically didn't leave anybody alive. Raped the horses. Rode off on the women. I don't think the Hooks are even going to bother putting a team on the field next season. They're going to have to spend the off-season rebuilding after the utter devastation the Missions have caused this season.
- The Eugene Emeralds completely obliterate Vancouver Canadians in playoff opener - Our other minor league teams are similarly destructive as the Emeralds almost destroy all of British Columbia while absolutely dismantling the C's. Jace Peterson, our first round draft pick this season, went a single shy of the cycle while doing his part to ensure that Canada realizes that they do not play baseball nearly as well as the San Diego Padres minor leaguers.
- The Fort Wayne TinCaps clinched a playoff spot while ending the West Michigan Whitecaps' consecutive playoff streak - Rather than destroying West Michigan's hopes all season, the TinCaps (heartless like tin men), waited until the last game of the regular season to do their evil. Not nice, the TinCaps.
- The Tucson Padres 2011 are done.