I am in panic mode. Its no secret. I love Jed. I have agreed with pretty much every move he has made, even if they did not ultimately pan out. Mostly because they have been well thought out moves.
When you look at the Minors, I have never been so excited. Filled with potential up and down the levels.
So this news about Jed & McLeod possibly leaving for Chicago bothers me quite a bit. Here are some reasons Jed *should not* leave.
1) Puppet GM: Lets be honest. Theo is the man, he will be calling the shots, not Jed. Jed will not get any credit or any glory. He will be a rubber stamp man to Theo.
2) Young Family: He just moved to SD, why would he want to move to Chicago with crappy weather and no Ocean for miles?
3) Face to Face with Theo: Hoyer has a chance, here in the NL with Theo, to show that student has conquered master. If Jed can beat Theo, end a "curse" of his own, and do it with less resources, Jed will be the treasured resource.
4) Finish what he started: He started something here, why would you want to dump 2 years of your life working on something, and not see it through.
5) Always a backup: If he and Theo are so tight, Chicago is always a backup option if you get fired you can go to Chicago as an assistant.
These are just off the top of my head. Ultimately. Please don't go Jed. We need to Jed, you are our only hope.