Since the Angel's are clearly out of playoff contention, halosheaven has hardly anything to talk about. The only topics of conversation over at our blog are football and ... well ... nothing else.
We recently polled whether or not we would watch the playoffs this year and, if so, which team would we root for, if any. I, as well as the majority of halosheaven, stated that we would enjoy watching the Padres go all the way. This might seem premature because both the Giants and Rockies have slithered their teams back into striking distance, but these are the reasons why I believe the consensus at halosheaven is the conversion to friar fandom (only for this years' playoffs, unfortunately).
1) The Padres are the only SoCal team within reach of the playoffs
2) Bud Black is the protege of Mike Sciosia
3) David Eckstein is an Angel's favorite and he was a vital piece to our 2002 World Series win
4) The Padres are somewhat of an underdog and who doesn't love an underdog.
5) Pitching is always exciting
I realize that our support for the Padres probably means absolutely nothing to you guys and you probably think I'm wasting my time posting this garbage (I'm not since I have nothing better to do at work). Who knows? Maybe this year, the magic of fandom prevails and the team with the most fans ultimately wins the World Series. In which case, our support would come in handy.
Again, it probably doesn't mean much but the Padres have the support of Angel' s fans.