- Anthony Keith Gwynn Junior hit an inside the park home run in the third on a misplayed line drive that scored the only runs of the game for the Padres.
- Milton Bradley answered with a two run homer that carried over the right field wall in the 4th.
- Chase Headley made a diving play toward the third baseline, throw to second to get the lead runner and almost a double play. It made me think that he is the best defensive third basemen that the Padres have had in the Petco Park era. My mind is also cluttered with hatred towards our former third basemen so you can take that for what it's worth.
- Milton Bradley faked getting hit by a pitch on the thigh late in the game. The home plate umpire awarded him first base and Nick Hundley went out and put hands on the umpire which caused the ump to slap Hundley's hand away yelling "Get your meathooks off of me!"
Chone Figgins scored from first on a double to left field.
- Will Venable had a chance to drive in the tying run with 1 out and a runner at third but instead decided to strike out.
- Ichiro piled it on in the ninth with a slapped ball down the third baseline.
Padres can't complete the sweep but start a new series win streak.
As I was driving home today I was listening to the pregame show and Jerry Coleman was doing his piece interviewing Bud Black. In his first question he asked how Black enjoyed traveling to Oregon to see his daughter graduate. Black starts to answer, talking about how proud he is of his daughter but how weird it was to miss his first Padres game. Then he starts rambling and loses his train of thought and asks Jerry if they can start over. Jerry alerts Dave Marcus that they are starting over and counts into the the interview again asking the same question. Dave must have missed the edit on the prerecorded piece. It made me giggle with delight to hear an extra interview question that wasn't meant for air.
|Final - 6.13.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||4||0|
|WP: Felix Hernandez (4 - 5)
SV: David Aardsma (13)
LP: Luke Gregerson (1 - 2)
Roll Call: Jordan_Ming, jodes0405, MrDanielX, LetBurroughsPitch, podpeople, matthewverygood, eastbaysd, justdave, Zach (maestro876), The Kipper, SDfaninAZ, Mr. Meadows, scout1222, Natrone Bomb, icaughthundleys#4, creanium, Ketchup, Demoira, theodore donald kerabatsos, Hormel, Axion, Dugout Dude, Sam (sdsuaztec4), Zen Blade, Jonathan Holmes, Drama, TijuanaSD_Adam, Jonny Dub
Total Users: 28
Total Posts: 1240