Dex and I attended the game yesterday afternoon/evening. Here are some random thoughts:
- Nothing has changed! The Padres still need to sweep the last 4 games of the season... and they won't be able to do it without offense.
- I was up to the wee hours in the night before worrying about the Padres. I was exhausted all day and a bit delirious. When I decided to attend the game at the last minute I had to focus all of my attention to drive in the traffic caused by the down pour. Once parked I returned to my zombie state. First things first, I visited the restroom where I promptly walked into the women's room. The worst part about making this mistake is walking out against the foot traffic of appalled women. "Relax Ladies, I didn't see nothin'!"
- Those '84 Padres uniforms look amazing. The gold and orange really pop. That's the problem with the current Padres colors. There's no color that really pop, gray and sand don't pop. I wonder if wearing the '84 uniforms fired up the Cubs a little bit, because they didn't do much for the Pads.
- A young lady sat next to me today and I held down her spring loaded stadium style seat. Is that proper ballpark etiquette? Is that like pulling her chair away from the table at a restaurant? It should be, it's very classy. As long as we're on the topic of etiquette? When someone needs to exit to the aisle, shouldn't you just stand up for a moment to allow them a path that is wider than the distance between your knees and the row in front of you? If I have a vote I say "yes". I may have to write a letter to Miss Manners to get a comment from her on these two topics.
- Jon Garland threw a terrific game. Our boys played some great defense too. Chase Headley's diving grab and throw to first place was Caminiti-esque. Good pick by Adrian Gonzalez too.
- I literally bumped into Gaslamp Baller jodes0405 while trying to make a deposit at the recycle bin. She didn't say but a few words to me. She texts and tweets a lot, disrupting civilized conversation. Again I think I'll have to report this to Miss Manners. Who was she texting? No one knows for sure, but Gaslamp Baller Axion soon sidled up along side me. Mystery solved. I was surrounded. Thankfully Dex called and I had him there to protect me.
|Final - 9.30.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||0|
|WP: Sean Marshall (7 - 5)
SV: Carlos Marmol (37)
LP: Heath Bell (6 - 1)