AAA - Portland Beavers
Portland 5 Reno 7 Box
- Hey guess what? Wade LeBlanc (L 2-8) got knocked around again. Who would have thought? Actually, he has been pretty decent in AAA. He went 6IP and gave up 7ER on 8H. He also walked 3 and gave up two HRs while only recording 2Ks to raise his ERA to 3.86.
- Josh Banks finished off the game (2IP 1H 3Ks) for the Beavers
- Despite 3 HRs the Beavers offense was not able to pick up Wade. Danny Putnam hit a 3 RBI HR to rack up 6 RBI in the last two games. Chad Huffman and Craig Stansberry added solo shots too account for the Beavers 5 runs.
AA - San Antonio Missions
San Antonio 1 Frisco 0 Box
- Ernesto Frieri (W 8-5) threw a gem in this pitchers duel going 7IP giving up only the only two hits of the game for Frisco with 7Ks and 1 BB. Brandon Gomes (1IP H 2Ks) and Evan Scribner (17th Save 1IP 2Ks) finished off the game.
- The lone Missions run was scored by a Brian Joynt sacrifice fly scoring Logan Forsythe in the second inning.
High A - Lake Elsinore Storm
Lake Elsinore 7 Lancaster 9 Box
- The Storm's pitchers didn't have their best nights. Jeremy Hefner had the start and got knocked around on 4IP 4ER 5H with 4Ks and 2 BBs. Allen Harrington (L 1-4) continued the poor pitching (2IP 4ER 6H 1BB 0Ks) and Ryan Hinson (1IP 1ER) finished off the game.
Brad Chalk, Beamer Weems (2B), Sawyer Carroll (2B), and Matt Clark had two hits a piece for the Storm. Chalk had 2 RBI and 2 Rs, Weems, Carroll, James Darnell, and Andrew Parrino added 1 RBI each.
A - Fort Wayne Tincaps
Fort Wayne 3 Kane County 0 Box
- Another solid starting performance from Michael Watt, the pitcher we got from the Dodgers last year for Greg Maddux. He went 6IP only giving up 4H and 0ER while striking out 6 and walking none. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get the win as the Tincaps didn't score their 3 runs until the 10th inning.
- Rob Musgrave (1IP) and Colin Lynch (W 1-1 2IP) pitcher in relief and closer Brad Brach (1IP) nailed down his 25th save of the season.
- Adam Zornes and Blake Tekotte had RBI doubles in the top of the 10th to take the late lead for the Tincaps. Allan Dykstra went hitless to drop his AVG below .200 (.198)
Rookie Teams Eugene Emeralds and AZL Padres
There was a few notable players on the rookie teams today
- Our third round pick in last month's draft, Jerry Sullivan from Oral Roberts University has pitched in 7 games but made his first start for the Emeralds. He only went 3IP and gave up 2ER on 3H with 3Ks and 2 BBs. He has a 5.93 ERA in those 7 games.
- 17 year old super prospect Adys Portillo (L 0-5) continued his poor start to his poor career. He made his 6th start and gave up 4 runs (3ER) on 5 hits while striking out 6 and walking 2. In 6 starts for the Padres he has struck out 20 in 27.1 IP but also walked 18. His opponents are hitting .327 against him.