AAA- Portland Beavers
Portland 5 Reno 11 Box
- Former Padres pitcher Brian Lawrence (L 4-2) has his first bad start for the Beavers raising his ERA a full point from 3.00 to 4.00. He never gave the Beavers a chance as he went 6IP and gave up 7 ER on 10 Hits and walked 6 while only striking out 1. That's one awful line.
- The bullpen didn't pitch much better as Matt Buschmann (1 IP 1 ER) and Jason Ellis (1 IP 3 ER) finished off another loss for the Beavers. All three pitchers gave up HRs
- Danny Putnam had a 3 RBI double in the 9th to pace the Beavers. Matt Antonelli (.188 AVG) added a pinch hit RBI groundout and Valentino Pascucci had an RBI triple.
AA- San Antonio Missions
Missions 4 Frisco 6 Box
- Nathan Culp got the start for the Missions and threw a good game going 6.1 IP giving up 2R (1ER) on 4 hits with 7Ks and one BB. The Missions took the lead after he left the game but unfortunately reliever Mike DeMark (BS L 1-3) managed to give up 4 runs (3ER) in just 0.1 IP. Scott Rice finished off the inning for DeMark.
- Not much in the way of impressive offense for the Missions in this game. Craig Cooper had two hits including an RBI double. Eric Sogard had a RBI double in the 8th to start the rally that took the lead.
High A - Lake Elsinore Storm
Lake Elsinore 10 Inland Empire 7 Box
- Wynn Pelzer (W 9-6) started the game for the Storm that ended up being the only win for the Padres organization on the day. Wynn went 6+IP and gave up 4 ER on 9 hits while striking out 5 and walking 2. The Storm offense was able to pick him up and he came away with the win.
- Colt Hynes (2 IP 4Ks) and Bryan Oland (1IP 3ER) finished the game.
- In a game where 4 different players hit 3Bs the offense was lead by James Darnell (.272) and Matt Clark (.323). Darnell had 4 hits (2B 3B) and 2 RBIs. Matt Clark added a 3 run HR. Beamer Weems had two hits (2B 3B) and scored three runs. The Storm had 9 total extra base hits in the game.
Low A Fort Wayne Tincaps
No game scheduled
Short Season Eugene Emeralds
Eugene 2 Tri-City 6 Box
- Neither the pitchers nor the hitters for Eugene did particularly well today. Starter Miles Mikolas (L 0-3) had a pretty good game. He gave up only 1 ER on 8 hits with 4Ks and no walks. Alessio Angelucci (1IP 2ER) and Tyler Mead (0IP 3ER) did not fare as well. Tyson Bagley (1IP) finish off the loss.
- The Emeralds did not score until the 9th inning on a 2 RBI single by Jason Codiroli.
Rookie AZL Padres
- Sold pitching performances all around in this offensive struggle of a game. Starter Tom Porter (L 0-1) only gave up 1 ER in 5IP on 3 hits and 3Ks with 1 BB but was tagged with the loss because the Padres were unable to score. Deiber Sanchez (3IP) and Gabe Dehoyos (1IP) finished off the game.
- The Padres managed 5 singles including 2 from Cody Decker. Yayyyyy!