XX Sports Radio: Jake Peavy Interview (MP3) with Darren Smith
- Peavy complains that Darren Smith never hangs out with him anymore. He invited him to hang out with him and Oswalt.
- He says he got encouraging news. There was definitely some progress, but there was some discomfort there. Bottom line, it's going to take 4-6 weeks to get better.
- Surgery is not an option. This is a unique injury that you don't see every day.
- It's going to be frustrating because even after he heals he'll have to get back into baseball shape. "You lose that stuff so fast, if you don't stay on it". Peavy is able to ride an exercise bike.
- 2.5 weeks in the boot feels like 2.5 months.
- Common sense has to take precedence. By taking care of himself, he's taking care of the team.
- Peavy still talks to his teammates and shares his experience.
- The starting pitcher gets to choose the clubhouse music for the day.
- Darren Balsley has done a great job with Correia and Gaudin
- Peavy thinks Adrian Gonzalez represents the Padres in the All Star game. He'd also like to see Heath Bell.
- Roy Oswalt went to the Doctor with Peavy. After Oswalt's start they went up to Peavy's house and sat in his hot tub.
- Peavy says Roy Oswalt is more redneck. "He's got me beat, no doubt. He calls me 'city-fied'"
Will Peavy pitch again this season?
Yes, it will be another few weeks but Peavy will be back (54 votes)
No, these injuries take forever to heal, he's done! (37 votes)
91 total votes