The little bird guaranteed us a win and a win is what we got. It was a nice win too with some proper Petco Park offense, the return of our bullpen, a good CY showing and a Heath Bell appearance.
What did we learn?
- If Chase Headley appears, we have been saved.
- Kevin Kouzmanoff is capable of running from home plate to third base in one shot, traveling by way of first and second base.
- Channel 4 is a little bit embarrassed by Heath Bell's closer song choice. Seriously, can this be a work in progress? I'd like to see some options. Can't replace Hell's Bells in one shot.
- Edwin Moreno has a flair for the dramatics.
- Bud Black looks smarter after a win.
You know what a nice feeling is? It's waking up the morning after a win. It sets the morning nicely. Today's game... Best game of the season. Current rankings:
#1 Game 2
#2 Game 1
My favorite comments...
The Insights Award goes to notsotricky:
Scan's keys to the game
might be the most insightful baseball analysis on the air. By watching this I’ve learned that you not only need a strong defense, but a good offense as well.
Gaslamp Baller notsotricky also got a green comment with a joke about pubic hair. JBox got a green comment with his own off color joke. FIVE recs for that one? I had told him a week ago it wouldn't go over well. Shows how well I know our current crop of Gaslamp Ballers. I won't repeat either here. I only got pubes a couple of years back and they're sacred to me.
RBS had a nice haiku that went green:
First win of Oh Nine
All year will I cherish thee
The tall guy looked sharp
My own haiku:
one hundred sixty
the games left in the season
i want more like this