Putting this sucker up early.
I'm so nervous! I have butterflies! Major League Baseball this evening at Petco Park! Peavy vs. Kuroda. Padres vs. Dodgers. This game really sets the tone for the whole season, if we win tonight we're going to the World Series. If we lose, we become the suck.
04/06/09 4:05 PM PDT
|Los Angeles Dodgers||San Diego Padres|
|Rafael Furcal - SS||Jody Gerut - CF|
|Orlando Hudson - 2B||David Eckstein - 2B|
|Manny Ramirez - LF||Brian Giles - RF|
|Andre Ethier - RF||Adrian Gonzalez - 1B|
|Russell Martin - C||Kevin Kouzmanoff - 3B|
|James Loney - 1B||Chase Headley - LF|
|Matt Kemp - CF||Henry Blanco - C|
|Casey Blake - 3B||Luis Rodriguez - SS|
|Hiroki Kuroda - P||Jake Peavy - P|
I'll be down at the park, Dex will be away on business so hold down the fort for us while we're gone. I'm not sure where we're sitting somewhere up in the 316.
If you are new to the site or new to Game Threads, let me break it down for you. We use the comment sections of these threads to talk about the game while it's in progress. I believe that SB Nation has the best blogging platform on the internets, all you gotta do is sign up for a free account and start commenting. When you are in the comments section you'll noticed that other users comments will automatically update without having to refresh the page and alerts will pop up in the right hand corner.
Here's a few tips:
- If you are replying to a particular comment click "reply" so that your comment is nested underneath the original comment. Otherwise people aren't going to know what you are talking about.
- If you like someone's comment you can recommend it to others. Click "actions" beneath their comment and then choose "rec". After three recommendations the comment will turn green.
- If someone is trolling, spamming or commenting inappropriately then you click "actions" beneath their comment and then choose "flag". You'll be asked to give a very brief reason why you flagged the comment. When you flag a comment we'll find it quicker and deal with it.
- We are members of the No Cussing Club, we are really trying to get the monthly medal right now, dont' make us start over again.
- This is our Mission Statement.
- Be excellent to each other and have a good time talking Padres baseball.
It's Opening Day! Let's dance!