- I added a "Help Guide" Widget to the left hand tool bar. If you're new to the site or really suck at making FanShots and Posting Pictures go read the tutorials. I'm going to add some tutorials that other sites created soon.
- The rainout yesterday gave the Padres some extra rest, it didn't heal Cabrera's hand though.
- "Towers said second baseman David Eckstein was not considered an option to spell Rodriguez at shortstop. Eckstein has spent most of his eight-year career as a shortstop, but he signed with the Padres over the offseason specifically because the club wanted him to play his natural position, second base."
- Demetri Martin to play Paul DePodesta in Moneyball (HT: 'eaters)
- Blogger Kaybee was hoping the Padres would get Marcus Giles to play short stop.
- Peavy vs. Cain tonight in San Francisco.
- Pad Squad Carrie was interviewed and she has no regrets. "Yes, but I have no regrets about answering honestly. He asked me for my opinion and I gave it to him." She celebrated by eating a hamburger after the event.
[Note by jbox, 04/21/09 2:59 PM PDT ]
- Chris Ello would prefer to keep Pad Squad Carrie over Peavy if things turn bad this season: "if this season turns out the way most expect it eventually will and the Padres are an also-ran by August...I'd rather watch Carrie chuck T-Shirts in a half-empty ballpark than watch Peavy chuck and duck."
- I feel like I'm really tempting people to get into a political debate by posting all this Pad Squad Carrie stuff, but here's a link to a video of her on
Good Morning AmericaToday Show with Matt Lauer. Here's another video interview where she responds to being called the "B" and "C" word.