XX Sports Radio: Jody Gerut Interview (MP3)
- Playing at Bailout Ballpark is like walking the strip in Vegas. It's very colorful, loud, big and guady. No mention if it smells like puke.
- The Mets may need to rely on pitching and defense because the ballpark plays huge and may shrink power numbers.
- Ball players need to adjust their game depending on which ballpark they play in.
- Gerut as a hitter would prefer to play in a bandbox like Cincinnati.
- Gerut's cell phone battery died because he had so many messages after he hit the first home run in Bailout Ballpark.
- Gerut saw Anthony Michael Hall, Geoffrey Rush and five character actors that were in Law and Order. Gerut got hooked on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit BIG TIME!
- Gerut calls television "The Glass Toilet" because all you see is crap and it makes you sit for long periods of time passively.
- He has a lot of respect for Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier. It's a major part of U.S. history in the 20th century.
- Hat tip to Darren Smith and Coach John Kentera