A friend of Brian Giles' ex-fiance testified in the pre-trial deposition on January 30th. The Union Tribune received a partial transcription of the testimony. The incident in question took place December 2007.
- Giles drove the witness and Olvera (ex-fiance) through residential streets at high speeds with the car was swerving and fishtailing.
- Olvera eventually got behind the wheel and might have bumped Giles while she scooted the car forward
- Giles ended up on the hood, either from being bumped or because he jumped there. He pounded on the car until Olvera opened the window.
- "That's when he put his arm in there and took her by the hair and pulled her out of the car," the witness said.
- The witness isn't sure if Olvera was pulled out of the car by her hair, it all happened so fast.
- Olvera was lying on the ground between the two tires. The witness asked Giles not to move the car because Olvera would be run over. At some point Olvera was able to move her legs and Giles accelerated quickly away.
- Giles attorney claims he was trying to stop her from drunk driving.
- The witness says that she was terrorized by Giles and is afraid of him.
I was just watching Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof the other night and I can't help but picture scenes while reading this summary of the transcription. Giles playing the part of Stuntman Mike doesn't seem to be such a stretch.