It's official. The Padres have a new ownership group.
What does this mean? My thoughts:
- Buyout is scheduled to take place over the course of 5 years.
- Figure 30% the first year, then 20/20/10 for the full buyout?
- Moorad will be in control in time for the Cox deal to be done, so this could be seen as a future value added
- Sandy Alderson is as good as gone. I have lots of trouble seeing how Moorad doesn't take over Sandy's day to day activities
- Does Paul DePodesta go with Sandy? I see room for Paul, but maybe not room for Paul and KT.
- What will become of the Candy Factory at the ballpark? Can Gaslamp Ball acquire some office space there?
- Will there be a cash infusion? Will the front office be a nicer place? I'm kinda thinking it's been a scary place to work.