Sandy Alderson Report (MP3)
- Sandy talked to Peavy on the phone the other day and said that he's ready to start Spring Training. There wasn't a lot of substance in the conversation. Peavy reassured Sandy that he was ready to go and motivated.
- There isn't any question that Peavy will start Opening Day. The time for trades has passed.
- Alderson can't say whether Peavy will finish the season as a Padre.
- The Matt Bush DFA was a combination of circumstances. They needed the roster spot and the incident affected the decision. There was very little interest from anybody except Toronto.
- Alderson chuckles when it is suggested that he tried to ship Bush out of the country. "Not by design... a one way ticket to anywhere would be fine".
- "I can assure you, you will not be able to find a $9 beer at Petco this year". Sandy is looking for a humorous way to market the drop in beer prices and we should send our suggestions to Darren Smith or Sandy Alderson.
- Alderson is disappointed for A-Rod and the rest of baseball.
- Baseball never made any progress with PED's until the government got involved and Sandy isn't just blaming the union.
- Sandy sounds relieved today. Sandy doesn't agree. "There is still a good deal of uncertainty, maybe it's just the time of year... as we get to Spring Training everybody has some optomism."