NL West Standings
Here were your 2009 Padres Predictions from April 5th 2009.
First thing we notice is that the poll shows that 26% of Gaslamp Ballers were correct that the Padres would finish with between 71-75 wins. That choice was also the leading vote getter. Pessimism lost out to optimism.
I was way off in my predictions. I just kind of randomly chose 66 wins and a last place finish. Then I corrected myself and chose 76 wins and 4th place which would have been crazy close, but then I decided that I better go with my initial hunch. They always tell you to go with your initial gut reaction, f that. I also thought that Peavy would survive the season. I'm a dummy.
Now for the winner of the Gaslamp Ball prediction contest:
Unfortunately he didn't pick a the place in the division as required so I'm forced to keep all the money he would have won.
Now for those that were close:
- Richard with 74 wins and 4th place
- jpleeg with 74 wins but off on the place
- justDave with 74 wins but off on the place
Now to check the other experts:
- Geoff over at Ducksnorts says he correctly predicted 75 wins but I can't find it on his blog.
- BleacherReport predicted 40 wins Here's the link but don't click on it because of the annoying pop up.