Though this blog may seem like a garbled mess, there is a methodology to the madness and there are usually things I mean to link to, but never get the chance. Right here... We catch up on them only for you to ignore them and post them again in the comments. (I realize that I'll also probably post links that have preceded me in the comments, but hey... what're you gonna do).
- MLBTR points out that Iguchi must've really wanted to come to the Padres. A lot of Padres fans will poo-poo the San Diego Discount, but here's the thing... The Discount exists and players take it regularly.
- Who's more evil... PED users or the Marlins' ownership? That's a group that's actively trying to kill baseball in yet another city. Evil.
- Also from Hardball Times... Mark Harris, remembered. Mark Harris wrote two of my favorite baseball books in The Southpaw and Bang the Drum Slowly and he passed away earlier this year without much notice. If you've never read those books, you're doing yourself a disservice.
- Friar Forecast points out a baseball economist debate between Andrew Zimbalist and J.D. Bradbury. Both make good points. Both display certain misunderstandings. All in all, a nerdtastic fight if you're into that sort of thing.
- Pick your outfield with what's left. I think what's left has the makings of a perfectly fine outfield. I, for one, am not worried.