I just got home from the game. We did it, people. We finally made it to our destination. It was a long time coming, but now that we're here, oh MAN does it feels good.
I love the way it happened too. When the Padres started piling on the runs, you could feel the crowd start to get more and more pumped. It was... dare I say it... Electric.
It's all a blur to me now, but I remember bits and pieces.
- Pedro Astacio really like-likes San Diego and San Diego crushes on Pedro Astacio right back. In fact, Petey and San Diego were seen in the alley behind the school holding hands and smooching.
- Pad Squad Cory (aka Headband Man aka Gloves) hooked us up with a big ole bag of peanuts. I gorged on peanuts for the last three innings which contributed to my euphoric daze.
- Thanked Pad Squad Melissa for her interview. Pad Squad Catherine may do an interview with us next.
- Damian Jackson was wearing a shirt under his jersey that read, "My shit's tight, bro". I thought that was pretty funny.
- There was a lot of cheering and bumping knuckles
- The "flaxseed oil" heckle on Barry Bonds works better in theory than it does in practice.
- People got really quiet when Aki pitched the 8th. Dudes, it's not like we're in Arizona. Aki's all good in San Diego.
- I told Paul the Usher about my plan to rush the field when the Padres won. He talked me out of it.
- Instead, I took off all my clothes and rushed K Street. If you were walking along K Street after the game, I was the naked guy with the Eddie Bauer backpack.
Ahhhhhhh... It really does feel good.